- Develop and maintain effective management of Western Kangoulu cultural heritage while acknowledging traditional values;
- Identify, prioritise and manage caring for country issues on Western Kangoulu country;
- Establish and assist sustainable business development opportunities to develop the capacity of Western Kangoulu people;
- Provide support for community and social activities to improve the health, welfare, housing and quality of life of Western Kangoulu People; and
- Establish and manage land holding and other trusts for the Western Kangoulu.
Native Title Claim
The Western Kangoulu People’s Traditional Country is the area surrounding Emerald. They currently have a registered Native Title Claim (QC2013/002) over this area and further information is available via the link below.
They have previously asserted their Native Title rights over this area with two previously registered Native Title claims, Kangoulu People native title claim (QC98/25) as well as Kangoulu People #2 native title claim (QC99/6).
Cultural Heritage Body
The Western Kangoulu established Lumburra Bimbi Pty Ltd to manage the operations of the Cultural Heritage Services that are provided in their Traditional Country.
Area: Covering part of the previously registered Kangoulu People native title claim (QC98/25) as well as part of the previously registered Kangoulu People #2 native title claim (QC99/6). Registration date 15 April 2010.
A map of the area is available via the link below:
The Western Kangoulu People have developed Cultural Heritage Management Plans with several mining companies in their Traditional Country in the Bowen Basin.
For further information Contact us.